Common Living room
Living Room – pic 2
The Quiet Place is a small, boutique property and we welcome anyone seeking nature and inspiration. We offer a homely experience, which is non-resort, and non-intrusive.
All our rooms are wood /tile floored, and most have a sit-out. The main house rooms both open into a common living room, making these ideal for a larger group of four. The charming, eco-friendly cobb-cottages are some 50 metres from the main house, and have the exact same facilities, furniture and fitting as the main house rooms. Each cobb cottage has two rooms, a private bathroom, and can sleep three if required. Each Cobb Cottage also has a large plate glass bay window looking out into nature, greenery or mountains. The cobb cottages have a rustic charm, and are preferred by many guests. The cottages on the first floor have more distant views than the ground floor cottages.
All rooms have attached, western style bathrooms, Each has two workdesks and it’s own sitout. All residents share the same food and common facilities.
Our property is full of quiet nooks and corners, fruit trees, and a ridge offering a brilliant view of the Himalayan dawn and dusk. Our Guests rate us 5-star on Tripadvisor.
All rooms and cottages are identical in their price. The tariffs for one room / cottage is:
Type of Stay
Room Only (INR)
All Meals (INR)
Taxes are extra and 12% GST applies on the above.
Our prices range from INR 3900/- (single occupancy) to INR 7300/- (double occupancy main house room). These rates include stay, all meals, snacks and taxes. We do ask that all guests either be vaccinated, or have an RTPCR Coronavirus test no more than 72 hours before reaching our place.
Cost per night for additional guests stay and food (subject to availability): INR 1700/adult (12+ years), INR 850 for 5-12 year old. Kids below 5 years free.
Buffet mealtimes at the Retreat are :
- Breakfast : 8.30 – 9.30 AM
- Lunch : 1-2 PM
- Soup : 7.45 PM
- Dinner : 8-9 PM
Also, please note that, overnight stay is not allowed. You will have to book a stay for minimum of two nights.
- If you cancel your booking 7 day or earlier before arrival, cancellation fee will be 20% of the full invoice amount.
- If you cancel your booking within 7 days before arrival, cancellation fee will be 50% of the full invoice amount.
- If you happen to test positive for COVID-19, we will issue a credit note for the full advance paid. This can be used within one year of the original scheduled check-in date date.
On occasion, guests bring their pets.
We have two dogs of our own, one of whom can be a little territorial. We allow dogs on the property subject to the following condition :
- No aggressive or overly hairy breeds allowed
- Pets are not allowed on the furniture or bed. Please bring a bed / basket for the pet.
- We do not provide any special food for the dog so if your dog has special needs please bring their food.
- Pets are not allowed in indoor common areas.
- If other guests are uncomfortable with pets, you have to keep your pet in your room.
- We charge a cleaning fee of INR 500 per day per pet.
To book with a pet, please check with us in advance before you book.
Greenery surrounding the quiet place.
Cloud Lake from the Quiet Place